Are nights in with Netflix and bae getting a bit stale? We’ve got some easy date night ideas that won’t break the bank. Keep on reading to find out how you can keep things fresh with your significant other.
- Sometimes you just need to let your hair down, turn the music up and dance the night away. Why not dust off the old roller skates and turn the clock back to the 90’s at your local roller skating rink. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or first time skater, you’re guaranteed to have some laughs and leave with a good story or two to tell the girls. (Or at the very least you get to hold hands the whole time).
- The weather outside may not scream picnic, but let us paint the picture for you. Cuddle up with a picnic basket full of wine, a mini cheese board and some of your favourite sweet treats. Pack an old-school board game for a touch of nostalgia and plenty of pillows to stargaze when the sun goes down. The perfect way to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city and catch some alone time with your date.
- You can’t go past the trusty dinner date. Because, well, everyone has to eat... but you can spice it up! Grab your partner and book a table at your local pub for trivia night. It will either be a night of bonding over teamwork, or (if you’re like us) a chance to go let your competitive side run wild. All while having a yummy dinner.
- By the time the weekend rolls around, everyone deserves to kick back and have a drink. However “drinks” whether it be your favourite cocktail or mocktail, can leave your wallet feeling pretty empty. So learn to do it yourself! Pull out a few ingredients you have at home and get your creative juices flowing, put your partner to the test and who knows, maybe you’ll unearth a hidden talent.
- Sometimes you just want a night in, we get that, but there’s no reason you can’t change up your usual weeknight grind. Have a staycation in your own home. We’re talking a bath with candles, dinner delivered to bed, a new movie you can both watch and even desert in your robes - why not, you’re on holidays! (kind of).